15 Interesting Facts
- A young Isaac Newton once threatened to burn his mother and stepfather alive.
- In Sweden, where 4 out of 5 transactions do not use cash anymore, some homeless people started to carry credit card readers.
- At the Academy Awards, you can earn $125 by being a seat-filler for a celebrity while they go to the restroom.
- In 1998, Microsoft's "DirectX" team pitched a new gaming console known as the "directXbox". Later shortened to "Xbox".
- Weight equals money for airlines, so some pilots claim they feel pressured to fly with less fuel than they'd like in order to cut costs.
- World-renowned physicist and author Stephen Hawking has just joined Facebook.
- Banana ketchup is popular in the Philippines.
- If we could capture just 0.1% of the total of the ocean's kinetic energy, we could satisfy the current global energy demand 5 times over.
- There are currently an estimated 2 million saunas in Finland and 99 percent of Finns take a sauna at least once a week.
- Afraid of flying, Muhammad Ali spent his first flight praying with a parachute strapped to his back.
- The most disliked video on Youtube is Justin Bieber's "Baby," with over 4,400,000 dislikes.
- "Cat Island," an island off the coast of Japan, is home to 22 residents and over 120 cats — that's 6 cats a person.
- The brightest things in the universe are quasars, which can be over 4,000,000,000,000 times brighter than our sun.
- More than 50% of poor teens use Facebook as their main social network, but rich teens are more likely to use Instagram, Snapchat or Twitter.
- Since 2007, the WWE only allows The Undertaker and Kane to use the piledriver because it's so dangerous and takes a lot of strength.
Connect with BrainVille